Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Snow on the Highveld

It has thankfully been a short week at work, with tomorrow and Friday being school holidays. Yesterday we had SNOW, in August, in Pretoria.This might not sound like a big deal but I have lived here for over 30 years and it has never snowed. It was lovely. All the adults rushed outside and played, taking photo's on cell phones or just holding our hands up to the sky like little kids. It snowed nearly all the way home from work and when I fetched the children, it started sowing while we were driving home. They have never seen snow and it was really magical seeing their excitement. Noah told me it was like Ice Age ( guess who is the movie addict in our house). I had forgotten how pretty it is when it snows and also how cold. It was over so quickly and by supper time it had stopped, although the cold has stayed. I love watching my children experience new things, as I get to look at them with new eyes again and be reminded that it is okay to be silly and giddy and forget about being an adult sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment