Friday, January 3, 2014

Fridays Fave Five #1

Two posts on one day! I am not sure if I will be able to keep this up but I am definitely going to try. Susanne at Living to tell the story has a great way of ending the week by giving thanks for 5 things in the past week. What a great idea. I want learn to be more thankful this year and this seems a good way to start.

Things that I am thankful for in the past week:

1. Free books from one of my favourite authors. Beth Moore has a number of free Kindle books on offer. For a bibliophile this is a wonderful way to start the new year.

2. Highveld thunderstorms. Unless you have lived in Africa this is impossible to explain. I love the way the storms builds up during the day like huge tsunami of sound and light that culminates in a spectacle of booming and electricity followed by lashing rain that washes away the heat and dust of the day.

3. A new home. We will be moving at the end of January to the house that we own, which is about 10 kms from where we currently live. I was angry at first that we were having to move but after going to see the house today, I think I am finally looking forward to the move. My own home, a swimming pool, a separate play room and a LARGE kitchen.

4. Parents. both my parents are alive, healthy and living not to far from us. So many of our fiends have emigrated or  have parents living in another part of the country. We are so blessed to have parents close by and very much a part of our lives.

5. Two healthy, happy children. I take this so much for granted, especially when I am tired or stressed from the endless rounds of meals, dishes, laundry and discipline that children require. I love little arms around my neck and those sweet, earnest conversations that build the bonds of parent and child.

So there it is, my first Friday Fave Five. I pray that this year may be one of thanksgiving, both in the good times and the bad.





No comments:

Post a Comment