Saturday, December 21, 2013

Where is Christ?

The tree is up. The gifts are wrapped and hidden until Christmas morning. It has been a whirlwind of year end functions, carol services and getting together with friends old and new. A time of remembering and longing for family and friends who are far away or have gone Home. Excited shrieks of "Mommy, look, there is a Christmas ( tree)''  every time we go to the shops. Endless poring over of every gift catalogue shoved into our hands as thechildren dream of all the toys they want under the tree. Adults worrying  over budgets stretched beyond breaking point and wondering what the New Year will hold.

In the midst of this, where is Christ? I have been so wrapped up in planning  for Christmas that I have lost sight of Christ. I worry over broken budgets, a mom who has lost her job, a new school in 2014 for my "baby" who has a learning disability, a move to a new house that was not wanted or planned. My heart is broken for a baby who would have celebrated her 7th birthday this December but who went home to her heavenly Father long before I was ready to let her go. My worry, business and fear have clouded my mind and I have completely lost sight of Christ this Christmas. I need to come back to the foot of the cross, kneel and worship before the baby. Lay my fears, worries, grief and business at the foot of the Baby and climb into my Heavenly Fathers arms. He who knows the depths of my heart and who has every second of my life planned.

Look past the lights and tinsel and draw close to the Christ of  Christmas because without Him there would be no hope for what lies past Christmas day.

Merry Christmas and may His love draw you close this Christmas season

No comments:

Post a Comment