I made a yummy pasta dish which was a big hit with both big and small family members. Here is the recipe.Eat and enjoy. Do you have any easy recipes for family nights? I would love to hear from you.
Spaghetti with roasted tomato and pepper sauce
1 packet spaghetti
2 red peppers
garlic to taste
tbsp mixed herbs
50 mls olive oil
2 tbsp tomato paste
pinch of salt
1 cup grated cheese
- Cook spaghetti as per instructions on packet
- While the spaghetti is cooking, slice the tomatoes in half,cut the peppers into strips and place on a baking tray
- Sprinkle garlic flakes ( or fresh chopped garlic), mixed herbs and some salt over the tomatoes and peppers.
- Sprinkle some olive oil on the tomatoes and peppers and grill in oven until they are soft.
- Once the tomatoes and peppers are cooked, put them into a blender, add a bit of extra olive oil and about 1 tablespoons of tomato paste and a tsp of sugar and blend until pureed.
- Once spaghetti is done, drain and then mix in pureed tomato sauce.
- Mix in the grated cheese ( I prefer cheddar) and serve